Tuesday 25 September 2012

Pointing the way

Yay! Work is going well on the Arrows quilt, after a zillion hours of sewing squares together (possible slight exaggeration) and half a gabillion hours at the ironing board (hyperbole merely for effect), I have an almost finished quilt top!

Arrows Quilt top

 I love that it looks like there are slight furrows in the bed, even though it is absolutely flat - that's the design kicking in. Cool!


Detail of patchwork

Detail of the patchwork -  the piecing is pretty accurate for me, which is essential on this project, as the HST have to align to get the effect. I haven't decided on quilting yet, but have picked out a scrappy binding, unless I see something amazing instead. It looks like it'll be a double bed size too, which is handy. I'll be adding a small border round the edges, which might include arrow points too depending on what I can manage.

I will work out a pattern for this if anyone is interested, and will be selling the completed item at one of the Craft Fairs this autumn, or in my Etsy shop. Keep an eye out!

9 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I would love to see a pattern for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - haven't seen this pattern before ... It's really effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! This is really a cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really really REALLY cool! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! What a really nice thing to see when I am feeling so snottery and sneezy :)
    Have decided to just straighten the edges and batter on with a 3 inch border then get some quilting done. Easy and (hopefully) quick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please make this a pattern. It is so fresh and modern! Plus, it would be super simple to make in larger or smaller sizes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!